How great would it be to easily hook up your Quriobot to an email campaigning tool of those crazy monkeys at MailChimp?
We made connecting your Quriobot to MailChimp super easy! Just follow these steps:
- Setup your bot (I started with the Contact template with first and last name split up)
- Create variable on those variable you want to send to MailChimp (in this case just firstName, lastName and email, but you can always add more variables):
- Create your MailChimp Response connection
- Notice that you will only need to add the URL (most likely something like https://events.us8.list-manage.com/subscribe/post) two variables (the u and the id):
- Get those variables (u and id) from your MailChimp account:
- Login to MailChimp
- Go to Lists and select (or create) the list to which you want to add these persons.
- Click on the Signup forms tab and select the Embedded forms because that contains the details you need to connect with QB.
- Copy-paste these variables to the Response connection in Quriobot and off you go!!
- If reCaptcha is enabled, disable it on the Audience tab
- Always remember and adhere to the GDPR and always explain your purpose for storing personal information and it's always good practice to have a double-opt-in for signing up by sending a verification email, that way you always have a legitimate email address
- MailChimp (and other email campaigning tools like Hugo) usually have options for email automation or drip-campaigns. This way you can easily send a welcome mail to those persons who signed up!
- If you are using just a single field in MailChimp for Name you can just combine the variables:
- Don't want every signup in your email campaign but only, for a very exotic example, those people whose email address or name start with a 'Q' all you have to do is add an advanced condition!
- You can set as many Response connections as you like!
Please note they will not always be executed in the order you created them in.
But how do I segment people (via the Mailchimp groups)?
If you want to segment people within the Mailchimp list, you can use this approach:
Friendly & Fun
Interact & Convert