How great would it be to easily hook up your Quriobot to an email campaigning tool of those crazy monkeys at MailChimp?
We made connecting your Quriobot to MailChimp super easy! Just follow these steps:
- Setup your bot (I started with the MailChimp template with first and last name split up)
- Create variable on those variable you want to send to MailChimp (in this case just firstName, lastName, and email, but you can always add more variables in the JSON body field (read more about all the possibilities in the MailChimp API docs here):
- Create your MailChimp Response action
- Always remember and adhere to the GDPR and always explain your purpose for storing personal information and it's always good practice to have a double-opt-in for signing up by sending a verification email, that way you always have a legitimate email address
- MailChimp (and other email campaigning tools like Hugo) usually have options for email automation or drip-campaigns. This way you can easily send a welcome mail to those persons who signed up!
- If you are using just a single field in MailChimp for Name you can just combine the variables:
- Don't want every signup in your email campaign but only, for a very exotic example, those people whose email address or name start with a 'Q' all you have to do is add a condition!
- You can set as many Response connections as you like!
Please note they will not always be executed in the order you created them in.
But how do I segment people (via the MailChimp tags)?
If you want to segment people within the Mailchimp list, you can use the tags parameter:
Friendly & Fun
Interact & Convert